Pages

2.28.2009

And here we go...

Greetings! I have been goaded into blogging by a certain fellow knucklehead, so welcome to my little corner of the internet. Unlike that guy, who has a laser-like focus on a limited number of pursuits (cycling, cross-country skiing...and...snowblowers, apparently) I have a more scattershot approach to my leisure pursuits. As the father of two little boys, my free time is limited, so I ultimately end up being barely competent at many things instead of excelling at one or two.

This blog will cover what pass for my hobbies at any given moment. Currently, cycling and video games are at the top of the list, but that list is subject to almost constant revision. As someone with a short attention span and poor impulse control, I will probably post a number of random discussions on whatever catches my eye on a given day.

So, on with the show...

1 comment:

pedalgrl said...

Hey Derek (the lawyer) & Scott (the doc). You two truly are a permanent fixture in my first-ever bike race memory bank.

I look back and think - man, I could have done better, pushed harder, pedaled faster. But then, the clouds part, and I am reminded that it was largely due to the genuine kindness of two Alexandria strangers, that I was able to be as strong as I was when my emotional state was crumbling.

Little do you know, but you both now are my biking brothers in spirit. I am still humbled by the entire event. You have touched my spirit in a profound way. It is this kind of stuff that one uses in future races to give them that extra boost when all else fails them. I do hope to see you guys next year at Almanzo 2010.

Genuine thanks.
Connie (pedalgrl and techgrl)