
Last Sunday I took my first outdoor ride on the road bike, and I cannot go back to my trainer. It is so much better to be outside, I will not subject myself to anymore stationary spinning. It was only 17 miles, but felt like 30 due to wind, cold and my lack of physical fitness. Today I cranked out a 25 mile ride on the designated "hill" course, and it felt surprisingly...not bad (not good, yet, but not terrible).
I forgot to take my camera today, so I will post a picture of a mountain bike gravel grinder ride that we took earlier this year. There was less snow on the ground today, and the roads were clear, but it was still only 25 degrees with a not insignificant breeze from the northwest. We finished about 3 hours ago, and I am now just regaining feeling in my toes.
It is probably time to panic. I need to ride as many miles as possible before the Almanzo Hondo on May 16th.
No comments:
Post a Comment